This Episode 2.2: The Problem instructional video also includes:
School's out ... forever? Episode two in a seven-part Global Problem Solvers series follows the team as they touch down in hurricane-ravaged Tampa. After meeting with a local principal and teacher, the group begins to formulate a plan to restore electricity and Internet service to the city.
- Host a brainstorming session where the class works together to come up with other solutions to get schools back up and running
- Challenge small groups to create short presentations about disaster preparedness in their own community
- Younger learners may need a little more information about the power grid to understand the situation in the video
- The team does an excellent job of showing the importance of fact-finding when approaching a new problem
- Funny scenes keep the content from getting overly serious or sad