When a minnow eats a piece of plastic, that garbage often tracks through multiple animals, causing harm to each as it passes through the food chain. Scholars learn about food chains, food webs, and energy pyramids with a presentation. It describes the role of producers, consumers, and decomposers in each.
- Challenge pupils to create a complex food chain consisting of more than 10 organisms
- Discuss what happens if there is an issue somewhere in the food pyramid
- Relies on prior knowledge of predator-prey relationships and food as energy
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Highlights vocabulary words on each slide
- Uses high-contrast colors for visibility