This End of Unit 3 Assessment: Drafting the Newspaper Article lesson plan also includes:
Choose your words carefully. Scholars continue looking at the creation of a newspaper article by examining word choice. They highlight key verbs, vocabulary, and descriptive words in the model article Sandy wreaks havoc across Northeast; at least 11 dead. Learners complete a Drafting the Model Newspaper Article form as they begin working on authoring their own newspaper articles for the End of Unit 3 Assessment.
- Review the Newspaper Article Rubric before beginning the lesson
- Lesson 10 of 12 in Grade 6 ELA Module 3A, Unit 3
- Complete lessons in order
- Uses newspaper articles gathered in Lesson 7
- Offers ideas for chunking the assessment into smaller portions
- Includes list of learning targets covered by the End of Unit Assessment