This Dalai Lama: Free Expression and Religion lesson plan also includes:
How is religious freedom connected to the conflict between China and Tibet? After reading an online passage of background information, your learners will divide into groups and both read and view an interview with the Dalai Lama. They will then explore the idea of non-violence as a response to the Tibetan conflict and offer their ideas through presentation.
- Offers several useful additional resources on the Dalai Lama and non-violent resistance
- Accesses multiple learning styles, with a focus on reading comprehension and source analysis
- Reading materials and link to video included
- Instructor will need to design rubric to assess presentation
- Consider assigning different focus questions for each group to research and present