This Crows and Cranes activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
After separating the class into two teams—crows and cranes—each team lines up in the middle line of the gym with their backs facing each other. If the teacher yells out "cranes!" then all the cranes run to their side of the gym while the crows chase them. If a crane is tagged by a crow, then that person becomes a crow.
- Have the class number off to create teams. All even numbers create one team and odd numbers create the other
- Best played in the gymnasium
- Be sure safety rules are set in place before starting, like no pushing, tripping, or running into one another
- No equipment is required
- Reinforces listening skills and reaction timing