This Court Packing vs. Reorganizing: The Supreme Court in the New Deal interactive also includes:
Travel back in time to understand the effects of FDR's New Deal on the Supreme Court. Academics analyze historical documents to understand FDR's attempts to pack the Supreme Court and the opposition he faced. The activity includes a worksheet and group discussion to reinforce key concepts.
- Compare FDR's court-packing attempt to other presidents'
- Guide a group discussion to let students share their opinions on FDR's actions
- A portion of the activity is completed online
- The resource includes extension activities if time allows
- Activity is a good skills review of primary sources