This Cookie Equations lesson plan also includes:
Cookies and chemical equations have a lot in common! Using cookies as a reference, scholars learn to balance chemical equations. Pieces of the cookies represent different parts of the compounds and elements. This is the sixth installment in a 24-part series.
- Use manipulatives in place of cookies and practice balancing equations on whiteboards to check for understanding after the activity
- Give pupils the last problem as an exit ticket
- Requires a specific set of materials
- Provides pupils with a visual to reference as they balance equations
- Includes a detailed teacher's guide