This Contemporary Reflections lesson plan also includes:
- Graphic & Image
- Join to access all included materials
Combine art and writing in a lesson about legends. After viewing Inuit art, class members examine their own cultural surroundings in order to write and visually represent a legend. Individuals are invited to take the creative reins when deciding exactly how to represent their legend. Students write an essay at the end in which they draw connections between their work and the contemporary world.
- While the images are included, you may wish to create your own slide show with larger pictures so that pupils can really see the details
- Come up with your own model legend and related piece of art to show class members one way to complete the project
- Depending on how much you wish your class to focus on the writing aspect of the lesson, you may need to add in additional scaffolding to help learners put together their legends and essays
- This cross-curricular plan includes a rubric, images to examine, materials lists, extension ideas, and more