Where is the turning point? The presentation demonstrates how the process of completing the square finds several points in the graph of a quadratic. One of the most important points found is the vertex of the graph. The video shows where to find the point in the process of solving a quadratic by completing the square.
- Conduct a review of the process of completing a square
- Individuals should know the relationship between the intercepts and the solutions and constant term of a quadratic
- The class should be aware of how to determine if a graph opens upward or downward
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Uses color coding to show the relationships between numerical values and points on the graph
- Provides examples for the class to work