This Comparing WWI Food Conservation Posters interactive also includes:
Food will win the war! At least, that is what some World War I-era posters say. Using two propaganda posters—one in English and one in Yiddish—young scholars consider why the Wilson administration had the posters created. Discussion questions help them link immigration and the war effort.
- Use as an introductory activity for World War I home front efforts
- Offer the activity to stimulate discussion during a unit on immigration
- Learners need computer access to engage with the images
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Images in multiple languages are engaging
- Included questions make guiding a classroom discussion easy