This Comparing Two Different Pizzas lesson plan also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
What better way to learn about fractions than with a couple pizzas? Help Jessica figure out how much of the pizza she has eaten, while teaching your class that fractions refer to a specific whole amount. This problem will be challenging for some, so allow young mathematicians to work in pairs before having a whole-group discussion.
- Problem involves a real-life context that students are familiar with
- Requires written explanations with supporting illustrations
- Includes pictures that reinforce the context of the problem
- Discussion is required for students to reach the learning objectives