When kids enter school, they often bring home new illnesses. Decode their symptoms, and help them to take care of themselves, with a fact sheet about the common cold. It delineates the symptoms one would experience as well as the signs that may indicate a trip to the doctor is necessary.
- Keep copies of the document in your school's nurse's office
- Use in a unit about health and self care
- Have kids read the document in a language arts class for an informational text assessment or reading comprehension activity
- Font is small, but it fits onto two pages
- A great resource for parents of younger children
- Provides tips about easing the symptoms of a cold as well as important safety tips about over-the-counter medications