This Colonial Designs unit also includes:
The adventures of the New World came at a cost for Native Americans. Scholars investigate the economic side of settling the European colonies. Using video clips, statistical evidence, and primary sources, they create hypotheses and present the issues of race, religion, and money in the New World to complete the third lesson of a 22-part series about America's history.
- Split the class into brainstorming teams for the first activity to facilitate idea sharing
- Write a hypothesis as a class together first to help scholars better understand what expectations in activity three
- Describes overhead projector and transparencies, so adjust the lesson to today's technology
- Provides printable worksheets and materials for classroom use
- Includes reflection questions for the video clips to better facilitate understanding