This Chromium Oxidation States interactive also includes:
Colorful chromium is captivating! Science sleuths solve a series of puzzles using an interactive resource. Individuals relate the oxidation states of chromium to the colors produced when the compound is placed in acidic or basic solutions.
3 Views 2 Downloads NGSS: Adaptable
- Demonstrate chromium's oxidation states, then have learners do the gridlock puzzles
- Use the resource to examine the multiple oxidation states of the transition metals
- Pupils should be familiar with how to determine oxidation states prior to beginning the activity
- Teachers can print the puzzles or have students work them online
- The interactive presents a creative method for examining oxidation states