How much oxygen is in water? Is it the same as the chemical formula? Learners observe the differences between a substance's formula and its percent composition with a video from Socratica's Chemistry Lessons series. The narrator illustrates the relationship between the formula and atomic mass, then uses both to calculate the percent composition of water and glucose.
- Use the video as a remediation tool to help struggling learners
- Show the video in class and pause as pupils work the problems themselves
- Take a moment to review how to determine molar mass before showing the video
- The resource uses colored atoms to help scholars keep track of the number of each as they work
- Performs all calculations in a series of easy-to-follow steps, which promotes good planning skills