What's the formula for success? A unique and well-written resource from JFR Science explains empirical and molecular formulas. Young chemists learn the steps and skills required to determine the formulas from percent composition and molar mass.
3 Views 3 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Cover empirical and molecular formulas together to reinforce their relationship
- Show the class what happens inside a mass spectrometer using a short video
- Learners must be fluent in percent composition
- The comparison and explanations of molecular and empirical formulas are clear and extremely helpful
- Illustrations help show pupils how to set up the problems