How did Charles Darwin become one of the most recognized names in biology? Introduce young naturalists to the early history of Darwin using a brief Fuse School Evolution video. The narrator discusses Darwin's beginnings as a theology student, how he came to be a member of the H.M.S. Beagle scientific crew, and his remarkable observations made in the Galapagos Islands.
- Kick off an evolution unit with the video
- Follow up with an in-depth look at Darwin's finch findings
- The resource gives an overview of the topic of natural selection, making it suitable for learners with little or no prior knowledge
- Narrator brings a more personal side of Darwin to light by describing his hobbies and innate curiosity
- The video sets the stage for continued study of natural selection and related topics by relating a well-rounded list of discoveries made during his five-year voyage