This Challenger Explosion Photograph Analysis interactive also includes:
Young historians turn into detectives in a thought-provoking activity on the Challenger Explosion. The activity uses an image of President Reagan watching the Challenger explode on live TV to help academics practice historical analysis. Scholars find clues from the photo, make educated guesses, and finally discover what the image explains about President Reagan's reaction to the tragic event.
- Give pupils additional details on the Challenger tragedy
- Have learners research the astronauts who were on board the Challenger
- Must have Internet access to complete the activity
- Activity uses primary sources to enhance engagement and understanding
- The resource is adaptable for remote learning