If you like to work with your hands, make the parts that make machines run, be precise, and work with computers, a career as a machinist might be for you. A short video introduces viewers to how machinists turn chunks of metal and plastic into complicated machine parts.
- Arrange for interested learners to visit a local machine show
- Ask class members to select several videos from the career series that interests them, and after watching the videos report their findings to the rest of the class during a career-focused unit
- Part of the PBS Career Connections series
- Stresses the importance of math skills and precise work
- The link to the viewing guide does not work