This Calculus AB/BC - The Power Rule ap test prep also includes:
There has to be a quicker way. Pupils learn the power rule that allows for a shortcut to take the derivative of terms to a power. Using the newly found rule, scholars find the slope of the tangent line to a function at a given x value. The class members then practice their skill at finding the derivative using the power rule in the fifth lesson in a unit of 11.
- Create a graphic organizer to record the shortcuts
- Use the definition of the derivative to derive the power rule
- Requires that individuals know how to write radicals using exponents
- Provides clues to have students think about problems, not to just watch without thinking about the concept
- Includes test prep questions
- Contains an answer key