This Calculating Your Ecological Footprint lesson plan also includes:
You can lower your ecological footprint by recycling! Lesson four in this series of five has individuals, through the use of a computer, calculate their ecological footprints. Through discussions and analysis they determine how many Earths would be necessary if everyone lived as they did and they finish by determining ways to lower their footprint.
- Teachers can join in the fun to calculate their ecological footprints and share with their classes
- The link to the EPA carbon footprint calculator does not work; use this link instead: https://www3.epa.gov/carbon-footprint-calculator/
- Lesson is appropriate for upper level elementary classes as well
- Lesson provides an alternative way to complete the activity for younger pupils
- Includes worksheets, background information, pre-activity, directions, and extension ideas throughout the lesson