This Calculating Area of a Circle: Lesson video also includes:
It really is as easy as pi. The segment of a massive geometry playlist points out that the formula for the area of a circle is a relatively simple one. Using the formula, the presenter shows examples of finding the area of circles.
12 Views 3 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Encourage the class to come up with a system to avoid confusing the formulas of circumference and area
- It is helpful if learners know the parts of a circle and their relationships
- Assumes pupils can solve simple quadratic equations
- Links to several additional circle area resources
- Writes out the steps involved in the examples