This Building a DNA Model lesson plan also includes:
It has been decades since the discovery of DNA. Still, activities such building this DNA model allow blossoming scientists to better understand the components that form this overall structure. During this activity, they will also physically alter the structure so they may further investigate what occurs beneath the surface in common genetic disorders.
- Have students research the relationship between DNA and specific genetic diseases
- Instruct students to explore cloning techniques and predict various scenarios of your choice to present before the class
- Lay pasta on the floor in categories for easier matching
- Display a large image of the DNA ladder for reference as the activity takes place
- Simple materials are used to demonstrate a complex concept in detail
- Little to no cleanup is involved, resulting in an effective, time-saving activity