This Break-Even Point lesson plan also includes:
How do companies determine the prices of their products? Marketing maestros discover the concepts of cost and break-even point through discussion, independent practice, and a collaborative assessment. The career and technology-oriented resource contains practical examples to illustrate the factors that come together to create the prices we pay for everyday goods.
- Make the lesson an opener for a create-your-own-business project
- Have individuals research an item they pick, such as a car or an iPhone, to see if they can determine the break-even point for that product
- Students should be comfortable with linear equations and graphing data before undertaking the lesson
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Lesson plan includes sample problems, assessments, and answer keys
- The resource does a great job of building on prior knowledge to acquire new skills