This Beat the Clock—Sorting Networks activity also includes:
Can multiple computers sort a list faster than one? Using a network drawn with chalk outside, groups move through the decision network to sort numbers. A series of extension questions come with the lesson and can be used in the same manner as the main activity.
- Draw out several networks and have groups race against each other
- Have the class work through the sorting networks in the extension activities
- Prior to taking the class out to the sorting network, draw it out with chalk
- The connection to computers sorting section describes tasks that can be done in the same method and tasks that cannot
- Includes answers to class discussion items immediately following the questions
- Does not include a lesson assessment to determine pupils' understanding