This Atoms to Molecules: Constructing Helium interactive also includes:
Protons and neutrons and electrons, oh my! Physical science scholars get hands-on with interactive atomic modeling. Starting with a simple helium atom, participants create and name ions, then build isotopes. Questions throughout the interactive test their skills and provide feedback along the way.
- Use the interactive to launch an atom model building project or lab
- Have students record their answers to questions throughout the resource for an easy-to-grade class assignment
- Access the interactive by signing up for a free CK-12 account
- Learners with little knowledge of the atom can use the resource
- Constructing the atom model helps pupils solidify the location of subatomic particles, their functions, and how isotopes form for different elements
- The interactive model functions smoothly and can be reset to start the process over