This The BEAM Project: Building Efficient Architectural Models activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Technology or engineering teams are given a task to design, construct, and test the efficiency of a structure that will foster an even temperature throughout an entire sunny day. Intended as a long-term project, pupils research, plan, bring materials in from home, build, evaluate, and write a report.
- Provide class members with the grading at the beginning of the project to keep groups on task
- The 13-page packet serves as a guide and record-keeping journal
- Permits students to explore materials used in structural engineering
- Structures are tested outside on a sunny day with temperatures recorded every hour