This Animation Basics: The Art of Timing and Spacing video also includes:
What distinguishes the visual rhythm of a golf, rubber, beach, and bowling ball? Explore the two fundamental principles—timing and spacing—of animation, as well as a variety of other features to consider when discussing the overall rhythm of animation, such as the relationship between frames and action or the effect of momentum versus gravity.
- Use this video to support a cross-curricular assignment evaluating the potential connections between animations and physics
- To further illustrate and clarify the topic, bring a physical ball into class and use it to lead a more engaging, hands-on learning experience
- Illustrations and animations help to convey concepts
- One can customize the included discussion prompt, online assessment, and additional resources
- Narrator's voice is a bit dry and monotonous