This Ancient Philosophy: Greeks or Romans? lesson plan also includes:
While often not recognized, the ideas of ancient Greek and Roman philosophers still echo today. Using a series of videos and graphic organizers, individuals explore how ancient Greeks and Romans have influenced current Western political systems. A tug-of-war debate where class members use evidence to evaluate their influence rounds out the resource.
- Use the tug-of-war debate method to discuss whether the Greeks or Romans had a greater influence on the American political system
- View the videos and use included graphic organizers to build note-taking skills
- Learners should have some background in concepts related to democracy and Greek and Roman philosophy
- Graphic organizers help students build skills and make scaffolding easier
- Videos are engaging and accessible for a variety of pupils