This Analyzing Point of View: Inferring about the Impact of Hurricane Katrina on People Living in New Orlean lesson plan also includes:
What, where, how? Readers hone their analysis skills as they determine the narrator's point of view in Eight Days. They complete a literary analysis chart and essay to describe what and where events take place. Individuals then discuss how the narrator describes each event.
- Discuss how a story from a firsthand and secondhand experience differs
- Lesson five of nine in Grade 5 ELA Module 4, Unit 2
- Complete lessons in order
- Have group essay feedback from lesson two prepared
- Offers ideas for meeting the needs of all learners
- Includes teacher notes summarizing each activity and offering tips for a more successful lesson