This Analyzing a Writing Assignment by a Teenage Refugee in New York During World War II interactive also includes:
Young historians delve into the world of teenage refugees during WWII to understand their experiences. The activity focuses on a writing assignment from a teen staying at a US refugee camp to explore the struggles they faced, such as being denied American citizenship. Academics complete an online worksheet and discuss the activity in a group discussion to better understand the political policies at play and their impact on refugees during the war.
- Compare the life of teenage refugees during WWII to other teens around Europe and the United States
- Have pupils write a journal entry from the perspective of a teenage refugee at the camp
- A portion of the activity is completed online
- Activity is designed to be completed in small groups, but it can be adapted to individual work
- The resource provides additional resources to enhance learning