This Analyzing a Photograph of Clara Barton interactive also includes:
Just who was Clara Barton? Using an archive photo from the National Archives, class members consider the legacy of the founder of the American Red Cross. The activity includes the photograph, along with prompts to help young scholars "meet" the photograph.
- Use the resource to introduce a topic, such as the Civil War, nursing, or heroes
- Model prompts to build activities around other photographs
- Activity requires computer access
- Prompts build primary source image analysis skills
- Photograph stimulates students to be historically curious
- While the activity has a submission function for students to turn in work, it's not clear where information goes