This 8 Ideas for Teaching National Hispanic Heritage Month lesson plan also includes:
Here are eight ideas to celebrate National Hispanic Month! Scholars have the opportunity to read and discuss literature, include people and events in history, examine art, watch and discuss films, listen to and dance to music, explore countries, discuss discrimination and injustice, and research how the important month got started. It's a great resource to have ready for the month-long celebration.
- Incorporate Hispanic learning materials all year round
- Since ideas are provided for a large grade level span, modify activities to meet the needs of your class
- Hispanic Heritage Month takes place between September 15 and October 15
- Timing and supplies vary depending on the activities chosen to conduct
- Highlights the importance of cultural representation
- Bullet points in the Overview section describe essential considerations to creating a safe and respectful learning environment