You may have heard that, if you've had chicken pox, the shingles virus is already inside you. The bad news? It may not be alone! Introduce your microbiology class to some of the trickiest pathogens we know of in the 151st video in an extended series. The narrator discusses such bad guys as measles, tuberculosis, and the parasite responsible for toxoplasmosis.
- The resource shows six different pathogens, so teachers can incorporate the video into lessons involving each one
- Break the class into six teams and have each team create a poster or presentation showing the life cycle and dangers of the microbes profiled in the video
- Pupils should be comfortable with technical terminology associated with bacteria and viruses
- Presents each pathogen step-by-step during its interactions with the human body
- The video shows images of each pathogen in its microscopic form, as well as the damage it causes within the body