This Zip Line activity & project also includes:
Slide all the way to the bottom. Using the design process, pupils create a carrier for a ping pong ball that will travel down a zip line. Learners test their carriers and determine solutions to issues they encounter to complete the third design challenge in a series of five challenges.
- Have the class determine the criteria for a successful run down the zip line
- Lengthen the zip line to run across the room
- Assumes individuals have some understanding of gravity and friction
- Provides information to create a demonstration to illustrate the idea
- Includes suggestions for extensions to the activity