This Zach’s Lie: Anticipation Guide lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
The class explores the truths and lies regarding Zach's Lie through a well-written anticipation guide. First in a series of seven resources, the guide addresses themes within the text. The class collaboratively discusses their feelings about lying, bullies, identity, money, and mistakes. After reading, the class returns to the guide to determine what the text suggests about the thematic statements.
- Use the themes explored within the anticipation guide as focus areas or even purpose questions to guide reading throughout the unit
- Consider having readers work in small teams to investigate one of the statements in the anticipation guide and report their findings back to the class
- Revisit statements from the guide before reading to remind learners of their purpose
- Anticipation guides offer a cohesive look at a specific chapter as students use them before, during, and after reading
- Activity promotes engagement with Zach's Lie