This Your Environment, Your Health: Runoff, Impervious Surfaces, and Smart Development unit also includes:
Can a sidewalk increase the amount of pollution in local streams? Scholars learn the answer to this question though research and experimentation in the fifth unit in the six-part series. Pupils study runoff, impervious surfaces, and the future of smart development.
- Test other surfaces such as turf, clay, or other terrains around your building
- Research flood plains in your area to better understand potential issues
- Carefully read the instructions on how many of each handout you need, as they get a bit confusing
- Requires common materials, so it is easy to implement in your classroom
- Easily adapts to many reading levels
- Includes samples of student work