This WWII: Detained lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Imagine being forced against your will behind barbed wire for doing nothing but being yourself. Scholars investigate the impact Japanese-American internment camps had during World War II. Through video and archival evidence, they create newspaper articles describing life behind the barbed wire.
- Create a set of five questions for students to answer during the video
- Invite a journalist to speak to the class on what investigative reporting entails
- Keep in mind the sensitivity of the topic
- Includes Newspaper Article Planner to help guide the activity
- Video assists audio and visual learners in the events of the internment camps