This Writing an Argumentative Essay: Introducing the Writing Prompt and Model Essay lesson plan also includes:
Pupils begin the writing process in preparation for an end-of-unit essay based on Katherine Paterson's Lyddie. To get started, they read and discuss a model essay and learn about the similarities and differences between argumentative and explanatory writing.
- Help students better understand the difference between explanatory and argumentative writing by showing examples of each style
- Lesson 13 from the 20-part Grade 7 ELA Module 2a, Unit 1 series
- Requires a document camera for projecting a Venn diagram
- Includes a helpful writer's glossary with academic vocabulary related to the writing process
- Provides strategies for meeting all learners' instructional needs