This Writing an Argumentative Essay: Crafting a Claim lesson plan also includes:
As scholars prepare to craft their essays based on Katherine Paterson's Lyddie, they learn about using compelling reasons in their writing. Next, they develop a claim about whether Lyddie should sign a petition to speak out against unfair working conditions.
- Have partners peer edit each other's claims to provide feedback
- Installment 14 from the consecutive 20-part Grade 7 ELA Module 2a, Unit 1 series
- Prepare for the lesson by creating a space in the classroom for pupils to stand in a line; post Statement A on one side of the line and Statement B on the other side
- Provides teaching notes to help implement the material
- Lesson is effectively organized with learning targets, an agenda, materials, and a list of vocabulary terms