Strengthen your classes' understanding of an exponent before tackling its properties. A quick video lesson reviews the role of an exponent by rewriting expressions with repeated multiplication. Learners watch as the instructor explains several examples, including some requiring parentheses and others that do not.
- Follow the lesson with specific examples to check for understanding
- Have pupils create examples for each other to write as exponential expressions
- Requires an introductory understanding of the role of an exponent
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Focuses on examples that show common mistakes
- Includes examples with both numbers and variables