It's just the cost of the game. Using a two-part example, the presenter writes an expression to determine the amount friends spend to attend a game. The video shows the total amount they spend when given the cost of each ticket.
3 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Lead a discussion on why it may be beneficial to write an algebraic expression instead of performing the arithmetic
- Develop another cost scenario and have classmates calculate the cost based on different prices
- Assumes students are familiar with substitution to evaluate an expression
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Includes a link to several other examples
- Shows the arithmetic steps to arrive at the solution