This Women's Role in the War Effort lesson plan also includes:
Did you know that many women were Confederate spies during the Civil War? The resource focuses particularly on the important role women played for both the Union and Confederacy. It uses exercises such as a discussion, video, analyzing primary sources, and class presentations to teach about these important people in history.
- Extend learning by assigning a research project where learners find information online about another famous woman during the Civil War
- Differentiate for GATE by asking them to compare and contrast how people viewed women's roles during the Civil War versus another important period in time, such as World War II
- Requires some prep work, such as creating assigned groups beforehand and making artifact cards
- Pupils learn how to build connections between clothing and historical events
- Builds cooperative and teamwork skills
- Includes a warm-up activity