This Women Pioneers on Capital Hill, 1917–1934 lesson plan also includes:
As part of a study of the women who were elected to Congress from 1917 to 1934, groups research and then design a museum exhibit that describes the life and the congressional service of one of these women.
2 Collections 13 Views 13 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Flip the lesson, have individuals read the essay "I'm No Lady, I'm a Member of Congress," and complete the comprehension and critical thinking questions out of class, saving class time for the discussion and the main exercise
- The first in a series of seven related resources focused on women in Congress
- Links are provided to online resources
- A list of additional activities is included
- No documents are included in the packet; however, links are provided