Start off your day with a study of -ay words. Pupils can practice long a with -ay words by reading the brief poem included here. After they read, class members answer three reading comprehension questions right on the page.
83 Views 89 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Ask individuals to circle each -ay word as you read the poem out loud
- Read the poem as a class or in small groups
- Start your class with marking the text by asking them to highlight or underline the lines that gave them the answers to the comprehension questions
- The poem includes many -ay words for kids to practice; the focus word pattern is clear
- The provided handwriting lines will help youngsters as they learn how to write correctly
- There is no answer key; however, it should be easy to create one