Scientists discovered a huge lake on Mars, but why did it take so long to find something so large? SciShow Space presents the exciting findings published in July 2018. Caitlin Hofmeister details the previous research from the area and why this new conclusion matters. It also accounts for how something so large hides for so long.
- Discuss in more detail why scientists can't get a sample from the lake
- Encourage scholars to work in groups to create a timeline of the research on this specific area of Mars, including recent findings
- Relies on prior knowledge of Mars, water, and orbiters
- Works well in both flipped and traditional classes
- Requires only a few minutes of class time to share