This Why Triassic Animals Were Just the Weirdest video also includes:
Normally when two species look similar, they are closely related. However, this doesn't seem to apply to the Triassic animals. Learn why these familiar looking animals are not actually related to today's animals. Viewers come to understand the role of adaptive radiation and convergent evolution in the changing landscape of our planet in an installment of the PBS Eons series.
- Add new vocabulary to science journals
- Relies on prior knowledge of extinctions, the Triassic period, and evolution
- The last minute of the video is an advertisement and not content
- Works well in traditional or flipped classroom settings
- Includes subtitles for the hearing impaired
- Shares many paintings and animations of these prehistoric animals