This Why Stay with Whole Numbers? lesson plan also includes:
Domain can be a tricky topic, especially when you relate it to context, but here is a lesson that provides concrete examples of discrete situations and those that are continuous. It also addresses where the input values should begin and end. It is the eighth resource in a 26-part series.
- Use to teach the concept of domain in context while incorporating discrete and continuous functions
- Have class members graph each problem set to provide a visual model of the input-output relationship
- Learners should have knowledge of writing a formula for a sequence
- Examples are simple yet effective in communicating the effect context can have on domain
- All handouts, keys, and teacher guides are included