This Why Should You Read "Macbeth"? video also includes:
All is fair in motivating readers. And something wickedly wonderful comes from using a short introductory video to double readers' enjoyment of Shakespeare's tragedy about the ambitious Thane of Glamis. It is a tale told by a genius.
19 Views 12 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Assign the video for out-of-class viewing before beginning a unit on the Scottish Play
- Assign different suggested film versions to groups, have them preview their film, and develop a presentation in which they argue whether this version of the film should be used for full-class viewing
- Check out the excellent resources offered by the Folger Shakespeare Library Folger Shakespeare Library
- If assigned for home viewing, ensure class members have Internet access
- The resource includes the video, a comprehension check, links to related materials, and discussion questions