More than half of the rain that falls on Earth never reaches the ground. The video discusses the location of rain, the amount that evaporates in the process, and the amount that lands on top of trees all as factors in this phenomenon. It highlights the percentages of water falling and describes the science that prevents the ground from having a chance at receiving more water.
- Discuss why trees benefit from large canopies since they block the rain from falling to the ground where it could be used for the tree
- Use a Venn diagram comparing virga and rainfall interception
- Format the video display to avoid showing curse words in the comments section
- Includes closed captioning in seven languages for ease of note taking
- Cute cartoon illustrations help maintain viewers' attention